What I learned during my internship
The final in our three part series on interning, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares what she learned while with us. Cara is currently in her fourth year of a double degree in Business (Marketing) and Arts (Communication and Media Studies) at Monash University. Thanks so much for everything Cara, you are a true superstar!
Looking to intern at an agency? Here is what I learnt from my time with Bastion Effect:
- There will never be enough hours in a day, and tasks are endless and frequent. Agencies deal with numerous clients, which means that there is always work to be done – as an intern this is great as people will happily keep you busy all day and you’ll learn a lot.
- Agency life sees you warp into whatever your client needs – your tasks are not limited to what you have been taught, instead you adapt to do whatever needs to be done.
- Your traditional sense of who clients might be goes out the door.
- Being proactive is the best approach to agency life in every sense. Seek out work, be inquisitive, and help where you can.
- The team will celebrate each other’s successes and helping out where anyone needs, so you’re never riding solo.
Cannes Lions download
Some highlights from Cannes Lions by our consumer comms specialists Rhiannon Kenyon and Chris Stenta,…
5 things to know before you start your internship
The second in our three part series on interning, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares…
5 things to note before applying for an internship
The first in a three part series, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares her tips…
WE ARE PART OF BASTION COLLECTIVE
Bastion Collective is the largest independent communications agency in Australia. We exist to be the Bastion of Australian Ingenuity. Our integrated agency network allows us to deliver simple, original and resourceful communications solutions to our clients' complex problems. Bastion Collective clients can use us for one specialist service or our entire integrated offering, delivered through one central point of contact. We do this all to help our clients create, grow, measure and protect their businesses.