5 things to know before you start your internship
The second in our three part series on interning, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares her tips and advice for finding and landing your dream internship! Cara is currently in her fourth year of a double degree in Business (Marketing) and Arts (Communication and Media Studies) at Monash University. Take it away, Cara!
As an intern, you hit the ground running, so here are some tips to make your transition a little easier:
- You will be a little fish in a big sea, but don’t worry the sea is more like the bay and everyone was once a little fish.
- Although you may feel like a nuisance, everyone is thankful you’re here. An extra set of hands is an asset and no one can take that away from you.
- Be prepared to take on any task. Yes, that might include mundane data entry but it will enable you to familiarise yourself with the media and build your confidence in a workplace environment. Plus, that data entry is often an important part of an account – if you weren’t doing it, someone else would be!
- If you don’t know, then ask. This one might seem simple, but you’d be surprised. Your colleagues would much prefer you ask them a million questions than complete a task incorrectly.
- Once you are given a task you are left to work independently. It is always good to follow through until the end, completely it 100 per cent of the way and let people know when you’re done.
Cannes Lions download
Some highlights from Cannes Lions by our consumer comms specialists Rhiannon Kenyon and Chris Stenta,…
What I learned during my internship
The final in our three part series on interning, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares…
5 things to note before applying for an internship
The first in a three part series, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares her tips…
WE ARE PART OF BASTION COLLECTIVE
Bastion Collective is the largest independent communications agency in Australia. We exist to be the Bastion of Australian Ingenuity. Our integrated agency network allows us to deliver simple, original and resourceful communications solutions to our clients' complex problems. Bastion Collective clients can use us for one specialist service or our entire integrated offering, delivered through one central point of contact. We do this all to help our clients create, grow, measure and protect their businesses.